The battery of my trusted old iPod could not take the cold winter weather anymore, so I had to get a new one. I can't imagine solo ultra training runs without some music, podcasts or audiobooks.
I chose the new 'blue' (or more like turquoise) iPod nano 8GB (3rd generation) model. It has a new 'square' design, which differentiates it effectively from the previous, more rectangular models.
- 8 GB memory card
- ultra battery: up to 24 hours of audio on a single charge
- compact size
- light weight
- cool anodized aluminum top & polished stainless steel back
- bright display
- new enhanced interface.
- headphone audio quality not sufficient for music (ok for podcasts and audiobooks only) - most people will need to buy better quality headphones sooner or later
- the hold switch is difficult to slide (especially when running)
- relatively expensive price.
In the summer I have to investigate what is the best way to carry it. I might try one of those wrist- or armbands that are available in stores selling accessories.