Thanks to the video above by RenegadeHealth.com, we get to see the four most common pushup mistakes.
I'm sorry Kevin, but I couldn't resist to make it a full half-dozen and adding my solutions.
Without further ado, here are the 6 most common pushup mistakes.
- Not doing any pushups at all. Come on, this is one of the greatest workouts ever invented, and it's freely available anywhere you are.
- Letting your elbows go wide. Keep your elbows in - you don't have to squeeze them crazy tight, just make sure they don't travel too wide either.
- Sloping your hips down. Always keep your back straight.
- Sticking your butt up in the air. Always keep your back straight.
- Not going down far enough. Quit thinking you can win in this game by cheating - you should go down all the way and then up all the way. 10 honest pushups are way better than 20 half-pushups.
- Hanging your head low like a cow. Imagine a straight line from your feet to the top of your head and then really focus on keeping it that way all the time.