'Superfoods' could refer to almost any apparently natural and healthy nutrition.
The selection in this book includes:
- bee products (honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, propolis)
- algae (spirulina, AFA super blue-green algae, chlorella)
- green sea products (marine phytoplankton, kelp)
- fruit and berries (goji, acai, camu camu, Incan berries, noni)
- roots (maca, yacon)
- nuts (cacao)
- green leaves (aloe vera)
- seeds (hemp, coconut).
Interestingly David Wolfe does not mention many well-known healthy foods. In the Introduction he explains that
- raw/living plant foods were already the subject of his previous books ' The Sunfood Diet Success System' and 'Eating For Beauty'
- 'Superherbs' will be the subject of a future book.
The 342 pages are a quick and easy read. I found the information and the recipes quite useful, although some of this stuff could be quite expensive or hard to find.