- The 4 Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc events (UTMB, CCC, TDS and PTL) received a record 10,000 applications before the deadline on January 9th.
- UTMB is 195% full, with 800 losers from the previous lottery now entered.
- Therefore those in 2012 UTMB lottery have under 50% chance of winning.
- CCC is 165% full and those in the 2012 CCC lottery have about 60% chance of winning.
- Over 1,000 runners have registered or pre-registered for TDS. There won't be a draw for TDS.
- PTL is now full with 67 teams pre-registered.
- The results of the draw will be announced on January 20, 2012 at 10AM (Paris time).
- If you win in the draw, your registration has to be confirmed before January 31, 2012.
- Lottery losers will have the opportunity to transfer their registration for TDS - within the limited space of 500 extra places available, and only if the applicants have the 2 points required for TDS qualification.
- The organizers will have to modify the qualification requirements for 2013: to register for UTMB 2013 the applicants will be required to acquire 7 points in 3 qualification races in 2011 or 2012. For CCC 2013, 2 points in 2011 or 2012 will be required.
- Solidarity bibs are still available for those who can meet the requirements specified at UTMB website.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
UTMB/CCC lottery news update
There is a news update (in French) at UTMB website stating the following facts (my translation):